Recreation is Tustin Girls Softball's main program. Players register and are formed into teams.
- Every player in 6U-14U registered by deadline will get placed on a team (should TGS acquire the necessary parent-volunteer coaches).
- Every player is guaranteed playing time.
- Games are played locally or in neighboring cities. At the younger ages, most teams play in Tustin. In the older divisions, teams will travel.
- Costs are low. The total cost for insurance, uniforms, pictures, trophies, field maintenance, umpire fees, and overhead is paid with one registration fee each season with a small additional payment to your team parent for socks, banners, and your team party. There are no reoccurring monthly dues.
- No Paid Trainers. Recreation teams are coached by parent volunteers. (TGS and USA Softball provides training.)
- Registration for Spring begins in October and ends in early January.
- Teams are formed in late January and practice begins in late January.
- Games begin near the last week in Feb, and is typically a 10 week season with up to 20 games.
- Games are played during the week and on weekends each week.
- Registration begins in May and ends in July.
- Teams are formed in early August.
- Practice begins no sooner than August 15th.
- Games begin the Saturday after labor day, and is typically a smaller amount of games than the spring season.
- Games are played on weekends only and may be double headers.
- There are tournament opportunities.